3D Experimental Work

 
I found this image on pinterest by an artist called Lisa Kokin. Lisa is intrigued with other people's photographic recordings of their lives.
I was interested by what Lisa had created using pictures. I looked at other things that Kokin had created using images and I like the idea of stitching the images together to make a box plus stitch things in the images.

I looked at images I had and which ones I wanted to use to create something similar to this.
I used some images that I took, a image my cousin took, one of my late Popa and some of
when I was little.



These two images are to document what I did to create my 3d image box. I made all the images the same size using photoshop, after making the images the same size, I printed the images out. The images were printed on paper so I needed to stick them on card with a border on each length so I could stick the box together after putting all the images on the card. To stick the images on the card I used double sided tape.
On two of the images I decided to cut some of it out and put my flower pictures under them. To cut part of the image out a used a scalpel and a cutting mat and carefully cut out the part of the image I wanted to change to flower picture.

This video is what my final 3D experimental box looks like. I was planning on stitching some of the image but I thought this box looked alright without the stitch.










If I was to make another 3D box like this I might add a bit of stitch to hold the images together rather than using double sided tape and card.

Comments

Popular Posts